Frequently Asked Questions
We’re Here to Help
Are You Ready for Assisted Living?
How do I know if I’m ready for assisted living?
- Am I having trouble with daily activities like dressing, bathing, cooking, driving, taking prescribed medication, getting to appointments, etc.?
- Am I requiring significant outside help from others that might not always be available when I need it?
- Am I eating well?
- Getting any exercise?
- Keeping my brain stimulated?
- If I fall, how long will it be before I’m found?
- Am I forgetting important things?
Does the state of Wyoming regulate assisted living facilities?
Service Plans & Safety
Do you help manage medications?
How is an individual’s level of care determined?
What does assisted living cost, and how can I pay for it?
Is there financial assistance available for the costs associated with assisted living?
Medicare does not pay for assisted living. We’ve found the Wyoming Medicaid program to not be a viable option for assisted living.
Touring & Visits
How do I go about looking into assisted living?
What to look for in a good assisted living facility….
I would like to see Agape and to know a little bit more. How do I get started?
Activities & Programming
What types of activities do you offer?
Our activity department offers a wide variety of activities including:
- a wide assortment of games for individual or groups
- Sit and Stay Fit exercise programs
- social outings in the community
- daily devotions
- luncheons out in Buffalo and Sheridan
- spa days
- holiday parties, etc.
Can residents request specific activities?
Are those with memory problems able to participate in activities?
Amenities & Environment
How do the meals and dining room seating work? Are 3 meals a day served? What if residents would like snacks in between meals?
We also take orders and the table and deliver their food to the table. There are no trays or lines to wait in at meal times. If residents would like to snack in between meals we have provided refrigerators and microwaves in each apartment so snacks are readily available for those times.
What are the meal times and do I have to attend all meals?
While we encourage residents to attend all meals even to simply have a beverage and socialize we respect their choice if they would like to skip a meal.
Some of our residents choose to keep breakfast items in their apartments and have a later breakfast in their room.